Thursday, May 17, 2012

OH CANADIA

So despite my job not rewarding me for any of my productive contributions, I have managed to win a few plane vouchers based on...well, who knows really, but not merit. The first (of four) I used to secure a plane ticket to Toronto. My lovely cousin Elise lives there, with her husband and two children, and she was throwing a party. And I do love a good party. I also love traveling, and I'd never been to Canada. And let's be honest, Chicago has not been a lot of fun for me lately, and I was eager to leave, even if just for a weekend.

Elise and James have a lovely home (as you'd expect, from two architects) and a lovely backyard (as you'd expect, from two LANDSCAPE architects). A mass of Irish Canadians (James' family), coworkers, neighbors, and various friends descended upon it to wish Elise a happy 40th.

Revelry
partyday9

Mother's Day dinner (and drinks) celebrated on the 54th floor, at Canoe.
sunday15

I had no idea going into the trip that Toronto had a shoe museum. But guess what, Toronto has a shoe museum.
monday7

Anyone who follows me on Facebook (or has met me) knows that I love burgers. And in my quick research of "where to eat" in Toronto, I came across Nota Bene. It's actually a fancy place that I was surprised served a burger, but I'm very glad they did.
monday12

Toronto was lovely, the weather was lovely, and of course the company was lovely.

I used my next plane voucher to book a flight to Baton Rouge, so I'll see y'all Father's Day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Thought about you last night when I tried out the burger at a new place walking distance from my house. Gotta keep National Burger Month going! Pics to come on picturing_food. :-)

    Next time you've got a voucher, pop out to Ithaca and I promise some awesome meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burger looks incredible. Looks like an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete