Monday, April 23, 2012

Just kidding.

Ha. I post about happiness, and then shortly after become very unhappy. I guess life is about ups and downs. You need one to appreciate the other, or something cliche.

So. New project. Happiness is too lofty a goal at the moment, I'll settle for "not depressed". I can keep putting one foot in front of the other, and eventually I'll get there. It's going to hurt, but eventually it'll hurt less.

Quick backtrack: When I wasn't yet this unhappy...I turned 31. So I'm a little bit older, a little bit fatter, a little bit richer, and...that's about it now. In contrast to last year's huge weekend crawfish boil in 85 degree weather, I opted to be a little more low key, since Tuesday was not nearly as exciting a day, and 45 degrees didn't lend itself to anything outdoors. I had a steak-and-martini lunch with two friends, then met up with 3 other friends for a little vino and small plates in the evening. Had a fancy dinner the following weekend. People gifted me with purple things, glittery things, camera things, and monetary things, and I'm thankful for it all. My cousin Ariana also sent me Grandmother's fur coat, which was a delightful surprise. It has her initials embroidered on the inside pocket. She's the woman I take after physically, who also loved purple, and lived til she was 89. If I turn out to be half the woman she was I'll be fine. Still got a long way to go though.

Someone took a picture of a happy birthday moment. Hopefully I'm smiling even bigger next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment