Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Forging ahead

I'm probably loving life a little too much, but if it kills me then I'm just going to die very, very happy.

My cousins Hutch and Laura were in town a few weeks ago with Henry and Honor, and I met them for lunch at Ed Debevic's. It's a diner where the waitstaff is rude to you. I didn't find them that rude, if anything just a cliche sarcastic. Can't say it was that entertaining, but I suppose it's an experience.

My roommate had purchased a Groupon for a tour at Lynfred Winery, so we had a tasting there. Their blueberry wine was delicious.
lynfred11

I dyed my hair black again, my "winter" color. Mother hates this, but I get a good reaction from the masses usually. And as with anything, it will eventually fade.
Photobucket

Chicago also had this amazing thing called "Baconfest" and I don't even know where to begin. They had a dinner at one of my favorite restaurants here, and I happily attended a 5 course bacon-centric meal of epic proportions. It doesn't hurt that they've also recently hired a new chef who is from Baton Rouge. This is his chocolate bread pudding with candied bacon, citrus anglaise, and pecans.
baconfest9

There is not enough time in the day to show you all of my amazing adventures and all the good food I've had, but know that I am having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment