Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More Adventures (that's all any of this is)

So I ran the Hot Chocolate 5k. I had a 12 minute pace, which in the world of running is pretty horrible, but in Mary's world means jack squat (I finished, didn't I?). To be fair, I was in the open corral, and it bottlenecks on occasion. If I had goals, I'd train, but really I just want to fit in my pants.
fivek1

I wore purple shoes.
fivek5

After the race they handed out hot chocolate and chocolate fondue. Ghiradelli was a sponser, and there was something like 8000 pounds of chocolate being given out.
fivek3

Unrelated, but because I think it's news, I got to cook Kobe beef on a hot rock at Sushi Samba. It was awesome. The rock has been in some oven for like 24 hours and is steaming and you just lay the meat on it for a few seconds really and then eat it. They have dipping/cooking sauces for it too, and my favorite was a sweet soy/teriyaki type sauce (leave it to me to like the sweet). Regardless, good meat, fun cooking method, super yummy. CAVEMAN MARY FTW.
sushisamba4

Disney World next week with the parentals!

No comments:

Post a Comment