Friday, September 24, 2010

BFF

My best friend Victoria came to town last weekend!

On Sunday we met up with friends at Ann Sather's. They're famous for cinnamon rolls. At least that's what Food Network told me.
sundayfunday2

NOW IT'S TIME FOR BILLY ELLIOT.
sundayfunday4

Victoria got us tickets, and we were in the orchestra section at the Oriental Theater. It's kinda pretty inside.
sundayfunday5
The show was fantastic and made us both want to sign up for dance classes.

The lobby of the Oriental Theater smells amazing, and it's because there's this gourmet popcorn shop, Garrett's, right next door. We were heading back to Millennium Park for a free symphony performance, so we picked up some caramel and cheese popcorn first so we could picnic.
sundayfunday9

We didn't get there early enough to get a seat that viewed the stage, so we just parked ourselves on some steps by the bean, since we could hear the music fine from there.
sundayfunday8

And I of course took bean pictures.
sundayfunday10

sundayfunday11

sundayfunday13

We peaced out before the crowd, and headed over to Giordano's to get ourselves some deep dish.
sundayfunday15
I'm sure it will disappoint everybody to hear that I don't think it's that exciting. I mean, if you really like pizza, you'll probably love it. It's a pile of cheese and sauce and whatever toppings you pick, so you can't go too wrong. But pizza has never really been that exciting of a thing for me, and I tend to prefer thin crust anyway. And after Italy, I pretty much want Italian style (which I should be able to get plenty of here, since Chicago is like a mini-Europe).

No comments:

Post a Comment