Sunday, September 12, 2010

EMPLOYED I AM

I HAVE A JOB.

It's the contract position I interviewed for, with a large bank. It sounds pretty much a lot like what I did before, liaison between client and programmer. Not as much involvement with the development, since the program already exists, but presenting it to the clients, and working with the team to fix bugs, make enhancements, etc. Some marketing involved as well.

It's upposedly for only 3 months, but chances are it will last waaaay longer. And even if it doesn't (due to budgeting or whatever) I would likely have the opportunity to work elsewhere within the company, OR, at the very least, be able to put experience with a large banking corporation on my resume.

Better yet, I'll be making almost TWICE what I was making before. Being contract, the salary doesn't include any benefits, but I would be able to get benefits through the firm I'm contracted with, and could no doubt afford them. And I can of course go back to saving money, although likely not for a car this time.

JOBBY JOB JOB JOB.

My roommate is very impressed. She expected it to take at LEAST 2 months before I found anything. For the sake of full disclosure, I actually got this job because of my years of blogging. One of my readers knew I was moving to Chicago and hooked me up. Thank you internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment